Senior Audit Associate
Major responsibilities and duties:
- Lead client audit engagements, which include planning, executing, directing, and completing financial statement audits.
- Perform and manage audits under Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (GAAS), Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA) and other applicable professional standards.
- Manage review engagements by applying extensive analytical procedures to financial data and conduct the review in accordance with Statements on Standards for Accounting Review Services (SSARS) and other applicable professional standards.
- Prepare audit report drafts by updating financial statements and footnote disclosures according to current US GAAP requirements.
- Review audit workpapers prepared by associates.
- Review Form 990 returns prepared by staff. Sign and e-file the 990 tax returns with the IRS.
- Manage client relationships by serving as a liaison between clients, the audit team, and upper management to ensure efficient and effective communication.
- Research new accounting topics and prepare continuing professional education presentations and present to the firm’s staff, seniors, managers, and partners. Potentially summarize related information into an article for the firm to share with clients.
- Work with Audit Partner to resolve accounting and audit matters.
- Supervise staff on on-going engagements to help timely completion of the projects and in budget, and coach them as they learn technical skills and processes.
- Demonstrate accounting knowledge in industries such as non-profit, health-care, real estate, to help the firm achieve specialization and niche in its key practice areas.
- Manage the billing process for clients to ensure timely billing on engagements.
- Assist Audit Partner with Quality Control related items such as firm compliance with professional standards, documentation compliance and monitoring, and other firm standards.
- Assist Audit Partner with performance expectations and manages own and others work to meet these expectations.
- Present new ideas and improvements to current processes and tasks in order to achieve firm and departmental goals.
- Participates and helps upper management with advisory and consulting engagements as needed.
- Participate in business development by getting involved in business development networking groups, and begin to build network of referral sources.
- Help the firm build a library of training videos and informational resources to share knowledge and best practices.
- Research new complex accounting standards and apply that knowledge to different audit engagements. Also, research and formulate solutions to client related recommendations.
- Recognize opportunities to provide additional services to new or existing clients.
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Accounting.
- 2 years of experience as a financial statement auditor at a public accounting firm.
- 2 years of experience performing review engagements for for-profit clients.
- 1 year of experience performing financial statement audits for not-for-profit clients.
- 1 year of experience performing review engagements for not-for-profit clients.
- 2 years of experience using audit software including Advance Flow, ProSystem fx Engagement.
Please refer to job code RMH101 when applying and submit resumes to email@example.com.