Experienced Tax Preparer
Our tax team has an immediate need for an Experienced Tax Preparer who can help us better serve our clients by offering high-quality tax solutions and advisory services. The ideal candidate would have sufficient general ledger accounting knowledge to understand, evaluate, and advise clients prior to tax preparation.
RMH is a firm where every member can innovate and contribute to our firm’s success.
Main job tasks and responsibilities:
- Prepare simple and complex federal/state business and personal tax returns.
- Advise clients on entity structure and tax filing requirements.
- Ability to review client financial records such as income statements, balance sheets, and receipt documentation.
- Proactive in contacting clients regarding potential tax issues or client disputes.
- Ability to speak the client’s language to explain potential tax savings, or recommend potential proactive ways to reduce tax liabilities in the future.
- Maintains the drive to develop and grow the firm.
- Resolves client tax issues with the IRS or other government entities.
- Enjoys continued education and personal development to serve the client to the best of their ability.
Education and experience:
- Bachelors’ Degree in Accounting or related field required.
- CPA certification preferred.
- Minimum of 4 – 5 years tax preparation experience.
- Knowledge of UltraTax (plus).
- Experience with QuickBooks® is required.
- Competent computer skills including MS Office or equivalent.
- Knowledge of IRC & State tax.
- Ability to self-manage, multitask, and prioritize workflow.
- Drive to research tax law issues & create solutions for clients.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Problem-solving attitude and attention to detail.
- Enjoys working in a team environment.
- Ideal candidate has experienced multiple tax seasons with a CPA firm.
- Salary is competitive with the market and includes standard firm benefits.